Raising Funds for the African Women Leaders
“The greatest weapon against injustice is education”. Nelson Mandela
The Ignite Excellence Foundation Vision & Mission
The Ignite Excellence Foundation’s mission is Leadership, Advocacy and Education for women in the developing world. The vision is to Invest, Inspire and Develop women leaders by providing under- and post-graduate education so we create the women leaders of today for tomorrow.
It has been said: “If you educate a man, you educate a man. Educate a woman, education a nation.” Leah Ngini, Founder St. Christopher Schools. Many social leaders have echoed this testament.
Women are the Change Agents.
Women have proven to be more financially, socially and politically responsible. They can right social injustices, stimulate the economy and feed the family. These issued need attention today.
It seems only logical that the best investment for improving family and women’s circumstances in developing countries is to invest in women leadership. By investing in women leadership, we are increasing the potential of creating leaders of integrity.
The most direct route to creating women leaders is by investing in post-graduate education. This investment will develop leaders, who in turn will create a ripple effect of positive change that will impact African communities, countries and the continent.
The Ignite Excellence Foundation is committed to investing, inspiring and developing the women leaders of today for tomorrow.
The Foundation’s initiatives include:
The foundation’s initiatives include:
- Providing scholarships – Interviewing prospective recipients and funding under-graduate and post-graduate education. Scholarship recipients
- Building a Women Leadership Centre – Assisting in the funding to build Leah Ngini Community Centre at Africa International University (AIU) in Nairobi, Kenya. The Centre will educate, prepare and inspire women by providing them with the tools to blaze new frontiers. (Ignite Excellence Conference fundraising initiative, Toronto, Canada – Nov 2010)
- Educating future leaders – Launch of the Wisdom Exchange TV, where women leaders all over Africa will share their successes, challenges and strategies for the benefit of other African women.
- Promoting & educating women in business – The foundation is raising funds and sponsorship for Africa Business Women Connected Summit, a first time international trade summit that will unite businesswomen and university students from 53 African countries with international businesses in Ethiopia, 2013.
- Providing leadership training & Inspiration – The founder of the Ignite Excellence Foundation, Suzanne F. Stevens, is a speaker, trainer, host and coach, and provides skill development in presenting influential messages, as well as coaching women leaders in reaching their personal and professional potential. Keynote speaking & training
Donating – Donating to the first three initiatives will expedite the mobilization of women leaders across the African continent, and have a positive influence on social injustice.
Sponsor Africa Business Women Connected - opportunities are available to businesses that want to be in front of African businesswomen and students at the first African Businesswomen connected summit.
The Ignite Excellence Foundations, creators’ commitment
Suzanne F. Stevens and her husband, Michael K Gingerich, have recently sold their home and left their leadership careers to pursue their passion to invest, inspire and develop women leaders of today for tomorrow.
Each of the above mentioned projects will continue on African soil as they immerse themselves into the culture of various African countries in the five regions. They will be traveling through Africa interviewing women leaders for Wisdom Exchange TV, interviewing students for tertiary education scholarships, providing leadership skills, and soliciting sponsorship for Africa Business Women Connected.
This self-funded initiative will only realize its full potential with the support of individuals and organizations who will tap into their philanthropic nature by donating to the foundation (advised by Tides Canada Charity number: BN 86894 7797RR0001), or sponsoring abw connected.
All monies donated will go toward a perspective woman leaders’ tertiary education. None of these donations will support Michael and Suzanne’s travel requirements to find candidates for scholarships, provide leadership development or interview women leaders for the Wisdom Exchange.