Raising Funds to educate & create African Women Leaders
“The greatest weapon against injustice is education”. Nelson Mandela
The Ignite Excellence Foundation Vision & Mission
The Ignite Excellence Foundation’s mission is Leadership, Advocacy and Education for women in Africa. The vision is to Invest, Inspire and Develop women leaders by providing tertiary education so we invest in women leaders of today for tomorrow.
It has been said: “If you educate a man, you educate a man. Educate a woman, you education a nation.” Women are the change agents and have proven to be more financially, socially and politically responsible. They can right social injustices, stimulate the economy and feed the family.
Based on the extensive research highlighted on WisdomExchangeTV.com, when you invest in a woman she will help mobilized the community, country and continent. It seems only logical that the best investment for improving family and women’s circumstances in Africa is to invest in women leadership.
The most direct route to creating women leaders is by investing in tertiary education. The foundation along with key members of the community selects a woman in need who has the desire to create a positive ripple effect that will impact hundreds or thousands.
The Foundation’s initiatives include:
All funds donated to the foundation go to:
- Providing Tertiary scholarships – Prospective recipients need to fill out an extensive application form and be interviewed prior to selection. Key requirement is a woman’s aspirations must fill a gap in the community and create a positive ripple effect in society. In addition, she would have financial limitations and has demonstrated a leadership in some capacity. There are many other criteria considered in the selection process. Some Scholarship recipients
Previously funded initiatives:
- Improving literacy in Canada
Other initiatives supporting the vision, but funded by the Suzanne F Stevens and Micheal K Gingerich, founders of the Ignite Excellence Foundation fund.
- Educating future leaders – Wisdom Exchange TV, a web-enable platform where women leaders all over Africa share their successes, challenges and strategies for the benefit of other African women to learn, lead and succeed. Being watched in 77 countries, half of which are African.
- Promoting & educating women in business – We are collaborating with CAABWA (Canadian and African Business Women Alliance) to co-create Africa Business Women Connected Summit, a first time international trade summit that will unite businesswomen and university students from 54 African countries with international businesses in Ethiopia, 2016.
- Providing leadership training & Inspiration – The founder of the Ignite Excellence Foundation, Suzanne F. Stevens, is a International speaker, trainer, host and coach, and provides skill development in presenting influential messages, as well as coaching women leaders in reaching their personal and professional potential. Keynote speaking & training
- YouMeWe – Cultivating conscious contributions™ – Suzanne F. Stevens has been inspired by the pioneering African women she has interviewed. Suzanne has expanded her expertise in appealing to people values and communications to promote individuals, associations, and companies to proactively contribute to their communities and beyond. To learn more visit www.SuzanneFStevens.com
Donating – Donating will expedite the mobilization of women leaders across the African continent, and have a positive influence on social injustice.
Sponsor Africa Business Women Connected – opportunities are available to businesses that want to be in front of African businesswomen and students at the first African Businesswomen connected summit.